Safe use of pesticides – PA1
Our one day training course in the Safe use of pesticides – PA1 is for you if you are employed within the agriculture or horticulture industries, and if you are responsible for the storage, handling and application of pesticides. This course will help you develop your knowledge of health and safety and legislation enabling you to work safely and effectively out in the field.
For further information on this course please see details below.The price does not include the C&G/NPTC qualification. We can arrange this for you if required:
Next Course February 2018, click through Calandar to book. To enquire about other dates or request further information:
Please use the calendar to select the date you wish to attend and numbers. When you check availability you will be taken to our registration page . We will then contact you to confirm details and secure your booking. We will not request any financial details at this stage.
Safe use of pesticides – PA1 :
This Course prepares you for the Foundation module: , you will need to complete this before proceeding to any further modules.
1) Identify those key aspects of legislation which apply to the use of pesticides.
2) Identify the precautions necessary to use a product safely, using product label information.
3) Identify, select and understand the maintenance and storage of the correct personal protective equipment for use with a
particular product as determined by a label and/or COSHH risk assessment. Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures
to prevent personal contamination. Follow the appropriate procedures for dealing with accidental personal contamination.
4) Understand the correct procedures for the storage of pesticides.
5) Understand the correct procedures for the disposal of empty pesticide containers, surplus pesticide and washings.
6) Understand the records that must be kept.
7) Understand the situations where pesticide application may pose a risk to people or the environment.
After you have received Safe use of pesticides – PA1 training you will need to be independently assessed, usually at your business site by a City & Guilds/NPTC assessor or by taking a Lantra Awards assesment. Further information on this is available when you book your course – you can book your assessment with your local provider or we can arrange this for you. There is an additional cost for Assessment not covered in the training fee.