Safe use of pesticides
Our one day training course in the Safe use of pesticides is for you if you are employed within the agriculture or horticulture industries, and if you are responsible for the storage, handling and application of pesticides. This course will help you develop your knowledge of health and safety and legislation enabling you to work safely and effectively out in the field.
The price excludes a Lantra Level 2 qualification assessment paper.
Please use the calendar to select the date you wish to attend and numbers. When you check availability you will be taken to our registration page . We will then contact you to confirm details and secure your booking. We will not request any financial details at this stage.
Safe use of pesticides :
This Course prepares you for the Foundation module: , you will need to complete this before proceeding to any further modules.
1) Identify those key aspects of legislation which apply to the use of pesticides.
2) Identify the precautions necessary to use a product safely, using product label information.
3) Identify, select and understand the maintenance and storage of the correct personal protective equipment for use with a
particular product as determined by a label and/or COSHH risk assessment. Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to prevent personal contamination. Follow the appropriate procedures for dealing with accidental personal contamination.
4) Understand the correct procedures for the storage of pesticides.
5) Understand the correct procedures for the disposal of empty pesticide containers, surplus pesticide and washings.
6) Understand the records that must be kept.
7) Understand the situations where pesticide application may pose a risk to people or the environment.
After you have received Safe use of pesticides – training you will need to be assessed, usually the same day by taking a Lantra Awards written assesment. Further information on this is available before you confirm your booking .